There are several reasons why your clients should get probiotics from food:
- Probiotic foods can buffer stomach acids and increase the chance that the probiotics survive and make it to the intestine.
- Probiotic supplements in the form of pills don’t usually provide nutrients that some cultures produce during fermentation.
- Fermented dairy products, like yogurt, are a source of nutrients such as calcium, protein, and potassium.
- Some individuals have trouble swallowing, or just don’t like pills; but yogurt is easy and enjoyable to consume.
ACTIVIA may help reduce the frequency of minor digestive discomfort.*
Two double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studies, and a pooled analysis of these studies, show that ACTIVIA may help reduce the frequency of minor digestive discomfort like bloating, gas, abdominal discomfort, and rumbling.1,2*
Both studies were designed to investigate the effect of ACTIVIA on different gastrointestinal (GI) outcomes, including GI well-being and frequency of minor digestive discomfort, in healthy women.
In both studies, and in the pooled analysis, the composite score of the frequency of minor digestive issues over the two-3 and four-week1,2 test periods in the ACTIVIA group was signiﬁcantly lower (P<0.05) than that in the control group.
*Consume twice a day for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. Minor digestive discomfort includes bloating, gas, abdominal discomfort, and rumbling.
1. Guyonnet et al. Br J Nutr. 2009;102(11):1654-62. 2. Marteau et al. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013;25(4):331-e252. 3. Data on ﬁle.
©2018 The Dannon Company, Inc. All rights reserved.